Maison de la Culture - Amiens
A creation and production center
Inaugurated on the 19th of March 1966 by André Malraux, the Maison de la Culture of Amiens is a place designed to host and promote artists, productions and creation in various disciplines including music, dancing, drama, cinema and plastic arts.
It serves a double purpose as a public service structure : supporting contemporary creation and informing the public.
The Maison de la Culture of Amiens boasts :
- Showrooms :
- the Great Theatre (1070 seats)
- the Small Theatre (300 seats)
- the New Dreams room (120 seats / 300 standing places)
- A movie theatre with the "Art et essai, recherche" label : the Orson Welles theatre (180 seats)
- Two exhibition areas, the Giacometti room and Matisse Hall, dedicated to displaying works representative of the various artistic currents in contemporary plastic creation.
- A recording studio.
Since 2010, the Maison de la Culture has been organizing an annual festival of plastic and landscape creation in Amiens's famed hortillonnages.